Black Sabbath Trivia
Here’s an end of the week treat for our readers – the first person to correctly answer these five questions (AND include their email addresses so we can contact them) will win a free copy of Black Sabbath FAQ, by Martin Popoff!
1. Why was the Dec. 1, 1973 release date for Sabbath Bloody Sabbath delayed?
2. What year did the earliest known cover of a Black Sabbath song appear on an album?
3. What band did Black Sabbath famously tour with on the Never Say Die tour of 1978?
4. Which band member is quoted as saying, “The only Black Magic that Sabbath got into was a box of chocolates”?
5. What band did Ronnie James Dio leave to join Sabbath?
Unlike any Sabbath book thus far, Black Sabbath FAQ digs deep into quirks, obscure anecdotes, and burning questions surrounding the Sabs. In a fast-moving, topical format, this book covers a tremendous amount of information, delectable to any Sabbath fan, but hard to find in a traditional biography. This rich history lives and breathes and shouts right here. And the voice behind it could not be stronger: Martin Popoff is a heavy metal expert who has authored over 30 books on the subject, including Doom Let Loose, which is widely considered the definitive biography of the band. In Black Sabbath FAQ, Popoff is like a rabid detective unearthing (and sometimes debunking) ancient lore, valiantly covering new ground, applying academic rigor, but then wildly sounding off with lurid opinion. The pendulum swings, and, though disoriented, the serious Sabbath studier is better for it come the book’s doomy conclusion. Dozens of images of rare memorabilia make this book a must-have for fans.