Coming soon: The Future of the Music Business, Fourth Edition
Coming soon from Hal Leonard Books: The Future of the Music Business: How to Succeed with New Digital Technologies, Fourth Edition by Steve Gordon!
New technologies are revolutionizing the music business. While these changes may be smashing traditional business models and creating havoc among the major record companies, they are also providing new opportunities for unsigned artists, independent labels, and music business entrepreneurs.
The Future of the Music Business provides a legal and business road map for success in today’s music business, including licensing and laws governing the online distribution of music and video. The book also provides practical tips for:
- Selling music online
- Using blogs and social networks
- Developing an online record company
- Creating an internet radio station
- Opening an online music store
- Raising money for recording projects online
- Creating a hit song in the digital age
- Taking advantage of wireless technologies
- And much more
This revised fourth edition is the most up-to-date and thorough examination of current trends and offer special sections on:
- What to do if someone steals your song
- Protecting the name of your band or label
- How to find a music lawyer to shop your music
- How to land a deal with an indie or a major label
The accompanying DVD-ROM includes interviews with some of today’s most informed professionals working in the music business.
Posted on April 27, 2015, in Music Industry and tagged Amanda Palmer, Fourth Edition, Future of the Music Business, Hal Leonard Books, Steve Gordon, The Future of the Music Business. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.